Monday, October 7, 2013

Too much brightness

First of all the good news is that Emergent Eagle has been juried into the Northwest Watercolor Society's Waterworks 2013 exhibition with artists' reception on October 24, 2013 at Tsuga Gallery on Main Street in Bothell WA. Hooray.

After review some of my recent work (took time off to work on the new book), i realized that i had way too much emphasis throughout the paintings. After taking a workshop with Ron Stocke,
Everett WA at Cary Jurrians Whidbey Island Arts Center in Langley WA it dawned on me that i am overstating many of my paintings. so i am now working on a new set "Images of Langley" where i am reducing the emphasis and focusing drama, intensity and color at the center of interest where it belongs. easy to say harder to accomplish like much in painting. so am including my first study of the "Prima Deck" series as an example of my current efforts. will post the final hopefully next week. Have fun painting. ron k

No comments: